Thursday, September 18, 2014

Harry Potter Journal

Journal #2 
Scary Potter:

"The Mysterious Ticking Noise" Harry Potter Video, 
the only Harry Potter video that grabs my interest and 
doesn't curse me with spine-chilling dreams



            I have never been a big Harry Potter fan. When I was little, I tried to get into the books, but I could never get hooked because the books did not interest me. As I grew older, I tried to subject myself to all of the Harry Potter movies, but that did not go over too well. The movies honestly scare me. I am horrible when it comes to loud noises and I get scared very easily.  For example, whenever Harry Potter goes into the deep, dark forest, I get scared for him. Also, the huge dog is frightening,
along with the gigantic snake and the extremely creepy Dementors.
Google: Harry Potter Dementor
Although the Harry Potter movies may be interesting and awesome to others, they scare me more than they should. Also, the Harry Potter movies give be nightmares. I will have a dream that I am having my soul sucked dry by a vicious Dememtor or that I am being swallowed by the creepy vines that will kill you if you do not sit entirely still and allow them to slowly consume you.When I try to sit down and watch Harry Potter with my roommate, I end up in my bed, surrounded by blankets and pillows to protect myself. Along with feeling uncomfortable while watching the movies, I also find them very intense. When I sit down to watch a movie, I want to be able to forget the world for a while and relax. When watching a Harry Potter movie, I feel as if it has 

Google: Girl Hiding
taken a tole on my body. When sitting through the movie, I worry for Harry Potter 
(because his life is always being threatened), I get scared at the loud noises and sudden movements, and I sweat to death because I am piled from head to toe with pillows and blankets. My behavior during the Harry Potter movies is why they take a tole on my body and mind. To this day I still try to watch a Harry Potter movie when it is on TV, just to try and see if I have outgrown my childish fears. Thus far, I have miserably failed. So for now, I will stick with watching "The Mysterious Ticking Noise" by the Potter Puppet Pals. 

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting way of looking at it, I have always loved Harry Potter, but I guess I could see why you were scared. What kinds of movies do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your video is very funny!! I like how you have an open mind to them even though they scare you. If something gave me nightmares I would definitely not watch them again, so props to you! And I know exactly how you feel when you grab your pillow and blankets! I do the same thing but it's so I don't bite all my finger nails off! What genre of movies are you into?

    ReplyDelete